Today’s project is a bit “old” already, anyway my parents went on holidays at the seaside in May (yes, I know :)) and they found a cute and small yarn store during one of their sightseeing trips. They decided me to make me a huge surprise by buying an enornous stash of yarn!!! They came home with more than 40 yarn skeins and they definitely made their girl happy 🙂
The yarn is 100% wool and it’s very soft to the touch. It came in 5 colours: yellow, blue, cream, some “lobster red” and light pink
I failed to add the pink to the picture… dunno why, probably it’s because it’s the one that I happen to like less, but nevermind!
More or less in the same period I had purchased this book, which I find totally inspiring! There are a lot of cool patterns and the author uses only a couple of stitches for them all, which make them easy and quite fast to work.
Does anyone else have it? The pink blanket on the cover definitely caught my eye on Amazon, so I had to buy it! Anyway, what I was going to do with all the yarn I got became suddenly clear…
The first one I crocheted was the blue one and I totally fell in love with the pattern! So much that I couldn’t wait to finish the first square in order to start the others 🙂
Since I was still working full time at the moment, it took me one week to finish each square, whcih is a long time in my opinion, but with so little time left in the evening, it was the best I could do. Now that I am not working anymore I am still crocheting quite slowly cause I’m simultaneously caught up in some 74732392 projects, well… you know how it is! They just keep producing too much beautiful yarn and we’ve only got 2 hands!
By the end of the summer this is how it looked like. I think that using a single colour would have made the pattern stand out more (as the one in the book), but I’m very happy with my own variation as well:
I am happy to announce though that I reached square #14 this weekend, which makes me right halfway through the whole blanket! When it will be finished it will be just as big as a regular single bed, and I honestly can’t wait! I’ll keep you updated!
WHITE ROSE BLANKET:
– Starting date: May 2009
– Finishing date (ext): April 2009
– Number of squares according to project: 28
– Number of hexagons made so far: 14