Just a quick update on what’s been on my needles lately 🙂
I finally finished the neck ribbing, I am very happy with it, it was a bit of a challenge for me 🙂
Though I always say that I don’t like knitting bottom-up garments, I actually learn many new things each time I try making one. With top-down you can’t really go wrong for what concerns fittings and shapes… so I am happy I challenged myself with this pattern 🙂
The sleeves still need to be knitted and sewed. I just noticed that I don’t have any #4.5 mm dpn’s, so I will have to buy some.
I bought a skein of Valiani Nomotta some time ago cause I had a project in mind which actually never became reality. Since I had bought it in my usual yarn store down the street, it was at a robbery price, so I decided I HAD to do something with it no matter what.
I picked a hat pattern called Heart Vines from Ravelry. It’s a really cool pattern, very easy to follow and to remember, too bad that with this bloody yarn I could have knitted pretty much anything and the pattern wouldn’t be recognizable! By the way, if you ever see this yarn in a store and think about buying it, well then please think again. I have never seen anything as bad as that, not even the cheapest acrylic yarn is so rough, so stiff and totally lacks of elasticity. Never again! 😦
Day 1 – just cast on and finished the ribbing
I loooooove Fair Isle knitting! I remember that my grandma once knitted me a pullover with the cutest butterfly pattern when I was a child! That’s probably where my love for fair Ialsnd knitting comes from 🙂 Anyway, I posted some time ago about trying some easy pattern in order to get confident with it… since I liked the result I decided to try something more difficult and there it goes… a Blythe Hat!